Background to No Fault Divorce:
No fault divorce is a type of divorce where the spouse initiating the divorce does not have to prove that their partner has committed a legal wrong, such as adultery or unreasonable behavior.
Instead, they can simply state that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, and this is sufficient grounds for the divorce to be granted.
The concept of no-fault divorce is based on the idea that couples should be able to end their marriage without having to prove fault, which can often lead to acrimony and bitterness. It is also believed to make the divorce process less adversarial and more amicable.
The process for obtaining a no-fault divorce involves filing a statement of irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, which must be signed by both parties. After a period of 20 weeks, if the court is satisfied that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, a conditional order will be granted. This is followed by a further six-week period before the final divorce order is granted.
Overall, no fault divorce is a more modern and less confrontational approach to divorce, which is aimed at reducing the stress and hostility often associated with traditional fault-based divorce.
If you are looking to divorce your spouse, our experienced team will provide valuable assistance and guidance throughout the divorce process in the UK.
At Zain Legal & Co. here are some ways in which we can help you:
- We can give you legal advice on the divorce process, including your rights and obligations under UK law
- We can help you prepare and file the necessary divorce petition, ensuring that it is completed correctly and meets all the legal requirement
- We can help you negotiate a fair financial settlement, including the division of assets, spousal maintenance, and child support as most of our cases have been resolved through mediation from a qualified MIAM family mediator and consent orders drafted.
- If you have children, we can help you negotiate a child custody agreement that works for both parties and ensures that the children’s best interests are considered.
- We can provide valuable support and guidance throughout the divorce process, helping you achieve the best possible outcome for yourself and your family.
Your personal legal assistance:
It’s important for both parties to seek legal advice to ensure that their rights and interests are protected during the divorce proceedings. Book an appointment with one of our legal experts regarding your no fault divorce problems at a minimum fees. Click the link below for personal assistance.